Monday, April 23, 2012

Stitching Techniques I don't particularly like :-)

Hi!

My last post was about new techniques I like, so I thought I'd make this one about ones I don't like - or don't like to do.  I'm not a huge fan of the lazy daisy stitch - I've become decent at it - thanks to you tube - but I'm not a fan.  Here is a link that helped me.

http://crochet.about.com/library/weekly/aalazydaisy.htm

My other least favorite is the French knot.  It took me so long to learn to do it correctly - but what really did it was the gazillion I did on a stitching for my sister.  It was truly beautiful when completed - but putting French knots on top of cross stitches was hard to do.  I now see that putting beads on is far easier than doing the French knot - I'm so lazy!  Here is a link on how to do a French knot.

http://crossstitch.about.com/od/frenchknot/ss/fakefrknot_2.htm

Here is the picture of the stitching that I did for my sister with the French Knots:  The dress detail has French knots all along the bottom - from the roses down. 



Beading is a newer technique that I learned for a stitch I did for Lianne.  I enjoy it.  Here are some quick & easy instructions for beading:

http://crossstitch.about.com/od/tipsforbetterstitching/qt/seedbeadtips.htm

Here is the cross stitch I did for Lianne with beading:  the beads are on the saddle of the horse.



Well, I'm off.  I need to see if Lianne is awake.  She's been teething and keeping her Mama & Dada awake at night :-)

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment