Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Stitching Techniques I've learned

Hi!

Well, they say that you can't teach an old dog new tricks - but it's so not true!  I've learned a new way to keep my stitches nice & neat - it's called "Railroading".  I've copied the link for you to follow - About.com has a great cross-stitching site and they have detailed instructions on how to do it.  Basically, the way I do it is this - I bring my thread up at 1 and then I insert my needle between the 2 threads before I bring it down at 2.  It makes the thread lay neatly - so you don't get your individual stitches all twisted.
http://crossstitch.about.com/od/learnhowtocrossstitch/ss/railroadingtech.htm

I really do like this new technique - but sometimes I forget and yes, I can notice when I don't do it!

There are 2 methods of cross stitching - the stab and the sew.  I am firmly in the stab camp - sadly, I've tried & tried, but I can't use the sew method.  Here is a link to the about.com site with how to do both methods:
http://crossstitch.about.com/od/learnhowtocrossstitch/a/stabsew.htm

Have fun taking at look at the about.com site - she really does have some great material!

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment