Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Decoded by Brad Meltzer

Hello,

I watched one of the best "Decoded" by Brad Meltzer today (it was on last night).  So fascinating - Leonardo da Vinci predicting the future.  If you've never seen it - check it out.  I love learning new conspiracy theories!

I just finished a couple of really good books.  I read "1493" by Charles C. Mann.  I got it from the library - it was a fascinating history of the Columbian Exchange.  I enjoyed it so much I had my sister buy a copy for me @ Half-Price Books.  If you live anywhere near a Half-Price Bookstore - visit it!  I love it - you can buy hardcover books at less than 1/2 price.  For a bookophile like me - it's become a serious addiction!  I also read a biography on Coco Chanel - what a fascinating woman.  It's sad - she achieved everything she wanted - yet died almost alone & friendless.  It made me wonder about the phrase "Money buys Happiness" - maybe it's not true after all.  I'm currently reading a biography of Cleopatra by Joann Fletcher.  It's very good - not as enjoyable as the biography by Stacey Schiff - but a good read.  Joann Fletcher lead the search for the mummy of Nefertiti - they did a special on it - either Discovery or History.  She's an excellent archaeologist.

Well - I'm off to finish a b-day present for my niece.

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment