Thursday, March 21, 2013

New Bookmarks

Hi!

Wow - raising a 3 year old is tougher than a 2 year old.  At least when she was 2 she couldn't yell back at me - but as a 3 year old - she can scream with the best of them :-)  Today was temper tantrum day.  Everything I said to her generated a huge fit.  Sigh.  I know she will outgrow this - but I wish it was sooner rather than later.

I have managed to make some bookmarks - yeah!  They are all from a very great stitching book by Sandy Orton called "Hold that Thought".  They are $20 each - the sock  monkey and the haiku are already sold - but I can totally make new ones.  Enjoy!







I apologize for the blurry images - I'm still learning my phone camera :-)

I'm also working on a project I started 2 years ago when my friend Tracy's daughter, Sierra, was born.  I think I might get it finished before her 2nd birthday!  I also have been going through a stash of stitching items that I inherited - our pastor's wife's aunt has developed macular degeneration and can no longer stitch.  I would hate to learn I could no longer stitch - it's one of the few ways I have to relax and unwind.  Of course, Jeff would argue that the cursing that comes from my mouth when I have to unpick a piece isn't so relaxing - LOL!

Well, I'm off to work on Sierra's present - I did one for LiLi just like it - I'm so happy I'm on the backstitching portion.  I then hope to finish a piece called "Celtic Christmas" that I began about 2 years ago, too.  I'll try & take pictures tomorrow.  It should be gorgeous - my favorite color, burgundy - and it has beading - a new skill for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment