Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hi!

I finished my friend Tracy's daughter's cross-stitch - yeah!  I even took pictures - however, the battery on my camera ran out & I don't have a charger.  And I used up my portion of the minutes of data (looking at pinterest - LOL!) on my super fancy cell phone & I don't have a USB to hook the phone up to my computer to download the pictures.  Sigh......I'm so un-tech savvy it's not funny! 

I was down with a migraine for most of the weekend.  I slept a lot and I read a lot.  Poor Jeff had to be Mama & Daddy to Lianne - who was not appreciative of his efforts.  She can be such a pill some days!  So sweet and then so nasty.  She is totally my daughter - no doubt about that :-)

With all the news about the discovery of Richard III's body in England - I have been re-reading some of my favorite books about him.  My favorite book is "Sunne in Splendor" by Sharon Kay Penman.  I think that "Sunne in Splendor" along with her book called "Here be Dragons" are some of my favorite books.  I can re-read them over & over again and never seem to find them dull.  I then found out that BBC/Starz has turned Phillipa Gregory's book "The White Queen" into a 10 part series - yeah!  I have no idea when it will end up here in Canada, but I'm very excited.  I have been re-reading Phillipa Gregory's Cousins War series - "The White Queen", "The Red Queen", "The Lady of the Rivers" and "The Kingmaker's Daughter".  I know that she has a lot of detractors - but I love her fiction!  Everyone needs a little historical fiction in their lives sometimes - LOL!  I think my next choice once I have finished with "The Kingmaker's Daughter" that I'm going to read Anne Easter Smith's book on Richard - it's "A Rose for the Crown". 

I've also started a new Steve Berry novel - "The Columbus Affair" - what a great story so far!  Columbus hid the treasure from the 2nd temple in Jerusalem in Jamaica.  Who knew :-)  It's like an episode of Decoded!  The thing I found most interesting was the link between this book and a show on H2 called America Unearthed - he did a show last week on the hooked X that has been found on rocks, etc scattered throughout America & how he thinks it's linked to the Knights Templar.  What shows  up in "The Columbus Affair" but a hooked X!  I love it when that happens :-)

Well, I'm off.  I have to measure my bookshelves so I can find some baskets for Lianne's books/toys tonight to make more room on the shelves for my things!

No comments:

Post a Comment